When you have Parkinson’s disease, it’s easy to focus on what you’ve lost. You feel as if Parkinson’s has stripped away a part of who you are and you will never be able get that back. This can be overwhelming and seemingly hopeless. But knowing I always look for the brighter side of things, I have come up with 9 things you get for free with Parkinson’s. What do they say? When Parkinson’s gives you lemons, you make frozen yogurt.
- You always have an excuse for getting out of events, parties or that date with a man you met online, who looks nothing like his pictures. I’m sorry but my Parkinson’s is just being a bear today. Raincheck?
- You get to use a handicap placard. This is especially useful making new friends who like to go to concerts, movies, comedy shows, or sporting events. Just flash this blue baby and say hello to parking up front. Parkinson’s just helped you expand your Wolfpack.
- If a deadly virus conjures up a widespread zombie apocalypse, your slow movements and shuffling gait will distract the walking dead. Bonus!
- When traveling, you can just drop the word Parkinson’s and boom… you will get early boarding at no cost and a seat with more legroom. Already saving cheddar on these freebies!
- When you want to go to lunch with a friend, but she is saying that she is too busy to go, just reply, “Are you sure? Seeing as I have Parkinson’s and it is a degenerative disease… I will only continue to get worse, so we better take advantage of the limited time I have.” This freebie gets them every time and if you lay it on really thick, you could even get a free lunch.
- You have a believable excuse as to why you must eat gigantic amounts of sweets. My Parkinson’s has allowed me to continue eating obscene amounts of Fro Yo. Now thanks to Parkinson’s, I don’t have to stop, because I can’t help it, it’s a medical condition. Wink.
- Parkinson’s has given you a reason to need glasses. This might not sound like a freebie, but think of all the adorable frames you can sashay around in. Parkinson’s has given you the gift of being looking smartaculous.
- You have the ability to fill out those ridiculously tiny lines on forms because Parkinson’s has given you the gift of small handwriting.
- Now because of Parkinson’s, you can get into National and Federal Parks for free. This freebie also includes discounts on extended amenities. For more information, click here.
So now you can see that Parkinson’s doesn’t take without giving you something in return and what’s even better… it’s all free. All these freebies has got me in the spirit!