1. How do you come up with topics to Blog about? –My topics come from many influences in my life; either something I experience or a comment that someone says that sparks a memory in my little pea brain. Then I write about my experience or feelings.
2. Do you believe in unicorns? –I don’t understand this question. They are real.
3. If you were to only be allowed one type of candy for the rest of your life, what would you pick? –No question, Skittles… Taste the Rainbow.
4. Why are you obsessed with Frozen Yogurt? –Have you ever had it? Well let me break it down for you. When you go to a fro yo store, like my favorite “Yogurtland”, you are handed what looks like a cup. But people, this is not just a bowl for your frozen treat, they are handing you a world to create. It is Perky Parkie Planet and I am the creator! I can choose what flavors I want; which is just like what terrain I want. Do I want mountains, rocks, grassy hills, or swamp land? Then I can pick out toppings. In my world, this would be like trees, flowers, people or animals. By the end of your adventure, you have created your own fro yo earth, but even better! Because now you can eat it and it’s super yummy. Maybe I need a more accurate analogy, because now I am thinking of eating a whole globe full of people and oceans…. gross.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? –I can remember as a little girl, I had this idea that when I grew up and got old (which in my eyes was around 30 years old) I would have a husband, 2.5 children, a house, a job, a dog and live happily ever after. Now while some of those dreams have become reality, the majority of what I believed to be my future, is nowhere near the reality of today. No one says they want to be a professional patient, but I couldn’t imagine having a “normal” life, I would get sooo bored!
6. Do you really hate Barbie? Uhhhh, yeah! Have you seen her perfect skin and pointed toes. Don’t tell me it’s just genetics!
7. What is one thing many people don’t know about you? –When I was a little girl about 12 years old, I saw a guinea pig at a pet store and I knew I had to have her. With her little piggy paws and her sweet face, I feel in love with her immediately. I ran home with determination. I had to find away to pay for her, so I grabbed Kool-Aid and a marker. I carefully made a sign that said “25 cents”. I hustled for the first time that afternoon; out on the street corner with my Kool-Aid, I would yell at the cars that drove by. Trying to get them to buy my goods. Within a few hours, I had enough to purchase my rodent. It was a proud moment to walk into the pet store, slam my quarters on the counter and picked up my new furry friend who I named “Sugar”. It was my first pet. Yes, we had dogs growing up, but Sugar was all mine. We became great friends; it didn’t matter that she would bite the hell out of me; I would take her everywhere with me and was proud to show her off. A couple of years later, I was getting home late from school when I saw my brother digging a hole in the backyard… which is never a good sign. “Sugar” had died that day. Out of my pain, I asked my parents if I could get another guinea pig. But seeing as my track record for cleaning Sugar’s cage was pretty low, my parents wouldn’t allow me. I got mad and told them, “When I get older, I am going to have 50 guinea pigs and they are all going to be pink!” So after high school I started adopting guinea pigs and at one time had the “wall of guinea” which was stacks of cages and 8 furry friends. I had not achieved my goal of 50 and none of them were pink (go figure), but I did love them like they were my children.
8. Why did you start blogging? –After publishing the most awesomest book ever, “I am Not Contagious”, I missed writing, so blogging seemed to be the next best thing … to connect people with my words.
9. Pirates or Ninjas? –Ninjas because they have righteous weaponry skills! Plus, could you imagine me on a ship with an eye patch and a hook for a hand! I get motion sickness on a Ferris Wheel and don’t get me started about the eye patch! People would be constantly asking me to show them what’s underneath it, or making jokes about it behind my back. Then to top that off, having a hook for a hand? It would be absolutely impossible to put on make-up without losing another eye and how would I hold my frozen yogurt? The sheer mechanics of it would be impossible.
10. If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, then what are Girl Scout cookies made out of? –Brownies.